9.08.2007

i gets along with the old people


and i can't help it. they're more.. into me than the younger folk, to be honest. i think her name is rachael, i dunno, it's been 3 years. she's one of the few people i had chemistry with.. we were in advanced chem, too! haha, bad joke. anyhoo, it was unfortunate i was in a stupid long distance relationship, i liked her. but what makes her special is that she liked me too.

i come across as.. or i used to come off as a person who tried too hard, and you know what? people could tell, i think. i wanted to be someone that was liked by everyone, but that's not possible. i stretched myself every which way, and somewhere along the line, i realized that i will not be liked by everyone, or even liked by a few. [i think it occurred when i broke my ex's heart.]

unless they're old[er]. i have this weird thing with old[er] people; i can get along with them very easily. shit, sometimes, i wish i was old[er] just so i can stop associating with my peers, man, but i can't bang an old woman.. however, and older woman is not totally out of the question.. more on that later.

with my age group, i'm so late with the trends and the new shit that i'm lost half the time. i feel like i'm from another generation, as more and more of the things i'm supposed to like, turns out that it's something i absolutely do not like. and it doesn't get better with gen-x, either. the ones turning into their late 20s and early 30s, i'm absolutely beyond gone with them, and i feel so displaced that i swear i'm wearing a thong outside my pants.

but i carved my niche with old[er] people, as most of them have taken a liking to me. it's a shame, though, as my chemistry with them will only last until the end of the conversation, whereas my peers will still be around, on average, for another 40 years.

0 comments: