9.17.2007

save the world


The feeling is of nothing that can be described by someone of my standing. Maybe the great authors of our time can weave a tale that emulated the emotions which practically bleed from the situation.

The situation itself.. I can’t even describe, something so basic in nature, so careful in its execution, so nurturing in its meaning.. Perplexes the mind, calms the soul.

I wouldn’t have enough room in this space to free what I felt. Give me all the space in the world, all of our universe, our cosmos, with its every expansive space showing absolutely no end, showing the infinite of all infinity, and I wouldn’t have the capacity to tell you how I felt what I felt.

No metaphor could possibly do the subject justice, even if it were piled atop each other and melted and combined. It couldn’t hold a candle to this feeling. And if you tried, it’d be as inadequate as anything you could think up.

And as inadequate as I may be, I’ll give it a shot, because I have to. I rekindled the feeling, so it’s my duty to make sure it remains so.

She was leaving. It didn’t pain me to watch her go, but out of courtesy, I tailed to say goodbye. We hugged our last hug.. When our bodies embraced each others, something came out of me. From the bottom of my stomach, it felt, it erupted through my body like a live geyser. I grasped her tightly and she followed. Our souls locked into place and began to rejoice as we held fast and our lips met.

In that moment, time stopped. All that mattered was that we had each other, and nothing could taint that; not the problems plaguing my life, the issues in our world, not even impending or imminent death could remove me from where I was, because it rendered everything perfect. In that moment, love conquered all, and we were the epitome of all that is right in the world.

This love, untainted by greed, selfishness, and lust poured like a fountain without end, dancing and swirling around us as to clutch the moment and keep it on hold, because it lasted a lifetime, maybe two. The sun pierced the impenetrable clouds, and we were elevated for all to see, and if god’s plan all along was to make us the gleaning, glistening example of what love should be. And even if I’m wrong, my heart tells me it’s right, I’m right, and she tells me it’s right without ever uttering a single word.

0 comments: